Neighbours that Picnic Together, Stay Together
Getting to know our neighbours is linked to personal growth and a feeling of belonging. It can also increase our mental and physical health and give feeling of support and safety. It’s a great way to come together.
Getting to know your neighbours can be as simple as:
- starting with a smile or a wave
- having a quick chat with a neighbour
- offering kind gestures
- hosting a get-together.
Neighbours of Logan hopes to promote ways that we can build a more connected and inclusive community together.
Neighbour Day is Australia’s annual celebration of community. The day encourages people to connect with their neighbours.
On Saturday 27 or Sunday 28 March we are encouraging people to host a picnic with their neighbours.
The aim is to bring local residents together in a relaxed and enjoyable atmosphere.
By registering your event you will go into the draw to win one of six outdoor prize packs. The packs include picnic supplies, sports gear and other games suitable for family-friendly events. The prize packs will be drawn in April and available for your future community get-togethers.
To enter you simply need to:
- read the Neighbour day competition terms and conditions (PDF 296 KB)
- register your event through Eventbrite
- use the free Neighbours of Logan resource kit to invite your neighbours
- snap a photo or two of your event on Saturday 27 or Sunday 28 March 2021 and post it to social media including the hashtag #neighboursoflogan.
With the continued impact of COVID-19 across our community we’d like to remind you when planning your picnic to adhere to State Government COVID-safe guidelines.
If you have a creative way you plan to connect with your community online this Neighbour Day, please feel free to let us know when registering.
For more info and full T&C’s visit: logan.qld.gov.au/neighboursoflogan
Competition ends Sat 27 March.