A Brisbane dog owner has warned of the dangers of the mushrooms sprouting across Brisbane’s yarns and parks, with her pooch suffering a severe allergic reaction.

Dog owners are being warned that the mushrooms that have popped up on lawns and parklands across southeast Queensland following the recent rain event can kill.

While not all fungi are toxic it can be difficult to tell those that are dangerous to pets, so Brisbane veterinarian Dr Joshua Llinas advises dog owners to keep a close eye on their fur babies.

“It is vital that if a dog has eaten a mushroom and is showing signs of being unwell and vomiting that they are taken immediately to the vet,” he said.

“Fast detox is essential in these cases. Once absorbed some of these fungi can be fatal.”

The doctor advises pet owners to take photos of the fungi to help the experts identify the type.

The post Warning: Dog develops severe reaction over wet weather mushrooms appeared first on Logan City.